Washington D.C. – December 6, 2022 – The GridWise Alliance announced nine new members to its Board of Directors today, all of whom are strongly committed to advancing the organization’s mission to articulate the benefits of grid modernization.
“The passage of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and the Inflation Reduction Act are further evidence of the increasing rate of change in the industry. GridWise Alliance and other organizations in the field will play a critical role, and bringing in leaders with fresh perspectives is critical,” said Gil Quiniones, CEO, ComEd and Chair of the GridWise Alliance. “Our new board members bring this type of innovative thinking and leadership to the Board of Directors and continue to ensure that it is at the forefront of our country’s energy transformation.”
The new GridWise Alliance Board members who will begin two-year terms are:
- Astrid Atkinson, CEO and Co-Founder, Camus Energy
- Michelle Blaise, Senior Vice President Technical Services, ComEd
- Russell Boyer, Global Energy Field Director, Dell Technologies
- Michelle Fay, Partner, Guidehouse
- Mark A. Gabriel, President and CEO, United Power
- Hanna Grene, Worldwide Power and Utilities Leader, Microsoft
- Wade Lauer, Vice President Grid Technologies, North America, Siemens Energy Inc.
- Deepa Poduval, Global Advisory Lead, Senior Vice President, Black & Veatch
- Jeannie Salo, Vice President, Government Relations, Schneider Electric
“I am excited to work with the new Directors over the next two years, which will see historic investments in grid modernization in the U.S.,” said Karen Wayland, CEO of the GridWise Alliance. “The GridWise Board of Directors is a group of industry leaders who will help shape the trajectory of grid modernization across the country to enhance reliability, resilience, decarbonization and energy equity.”
The nine incoming Board members will join a group of 16 other Board Directors representing all areas of the electric grid industry. The full list of GridWise Board of Directors is easily accessible on the GridWise website.
About GridWise Alliance:
The GridWise Alliance leads a diverse membership of electricity industry stakeholders focused on accelerating innovation that delivers a more secure, reliable, resilient, and affordable grid to support decarbonization of the U.S. economy. For more information about the GridWise Alliance, visit: www.gridwise.org.